RESTORE BELIZE “I AM Belize Scholarship Program”
Belize City, Belize District, BELIZE
The I AM Belize Scholarship Programme is a multi-tiered intervention that targets adolescents between the ages of 13 to 18 who lack the financial resources to effectively cover all the hidden cost of education and reside in high-risk communities. The scholarship is provided to students who want to continue their education but require holistic support to achieve their academic goals. These students must possess an aptitude for learning and be serious about continuing their secondary education.
The main objectives of the Program are:
1) To increase secondary school enrolment and completion rates among at risk adolescents
in the Belize District.
2) To provide secondary school aged adolescents with support services required to ensure
3) To equip scholarship recipients with the knowledge and skills required to consistently
make healthy life decisions.
4) To improve employability and leadership skills to empower at risk adolescents to
become productive citizens; and
5) To equip parents and guardians with the knowledge and skills needed to become
effective parents who positively engage and support their children.
The Belize Natural Energy Charitable Trust (BNECT) is the main partner with Restore Belize since 2012 and the BNECT has funded 341 students investing BZ$$420,270.64 during the 2012-2023 period. The completion rate of students successfully completing their four years of high school is xxxx%.